South Skye Camera Club Constitution
1. The Club shall be called “South Skye Camera Club”
2. The Aims and Objectives of the club are to:
- bring together people interested in photography
- stimulate and encourage members in the art of photography
- promote improvement in photographic standards, both artistically and technically
- provide enjoyment for all
3. Meetings will be held throughout the year. The Club will present lectures and presentations by professional and experienced amateur photographers and hold workshops. Social trips may be arranged during the year for members to exchange information and knowledge in a relaxed, social environment, as per member’s interests and requests.
4. Membership application shall be open to the whole community regardless of sex, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs. The club’s facilities are available to members without discrimination and any fees are set at a level that does not pose a significant obstacle to membership or use of the club’s facilities.
Beginners are to be welcomed and given help and encouragement. The club committee may refuse or revoke membership, only for good cause, such as conduct or character likely to bring the club into disrepute. Appeal against the refusal or removal may be made to the members.
5. The club shall be managed by a Committee comprising Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Programme Secretary, Web Administrator and any additional committee members that may be decided at the time (committee total, to be a minimum of four and a maximum of nine members). More than one position may be held if required. One third of committee members shall retire at the AGM based on a three-year rotation.
The quorum for a committee shall be at least three members or at least 50% of the total committee membership whichever is the higher. An election for any vacancies shall be held at the AGM. Committee meetings shall be convened by the Chairman or, exceptionally, by three members of the Committee.
6. The funds of the club shall be applied solely to the stated objectives of the club. Members will not receive payment for their services except for reimbursement of club expenses. Cheques must be signed by the Treasurer plus any one of the following: Chairperson, Secretary. In an emergency, one of the above may sign for the Treasurer. The financial year will run from the 1st March, until the last day of February.
A committee member and a non-committee member will independently examine the annual accounts.
7. The AGM shall be held in April. The quorum for the AGM (and EGM) shall be 20% of the membership. All motions to be seconded. The committee shall submit reports for the previous year. The Treasurer shall provide statement of accounts as at the date of the AGM.
8. The annual subscription shall be recommended by the committee and agreed at the Annual General Meeting.
9. An EGM may be called by the Committee or by not less than 5 members of the Club. The Committee shall agree a date, which is not later than three months from the date of receiving a valid request. All members are to be informed in writing within 28 days of any such request and must at the same time be provided with a copy of the motion(s) to be proposed. No other business may be transacted during the EGM.
10. The Constitution may be amended at an AGM or EGM and the motion(s) there presented will require a 2/3rds majority of those present to be carried.
11. In the event of a motion being passed to wind up the Club, the net assets (after settling any liabilities and allowing for winding up costs) will be distributed to recognised bodies promoting the good of photography.